Your own school blockbuster movie
Bring the magic of the movies to your school with green screen video! Using fantastic green-screen techniques, your pupils can be movie stars in a choice of different stories and settings. With a range of movie settings based on common and topical themes, green screen video can be used to support your student’s learning whilst using exciting ICT in your school. Pupils plan the movie, write the script, act out the scenes and record the narration. With a little bit of magic from me, I’ll bring it all together into a mini-blockbuster that everyone at the school and beyond will be proud of. Using the skills I can bring into your school, you can go on to produce your own films in the future.
What is “green screen”, exactly?
Green screen video is the process of filming scenes (including people, objects, animals… whatever you like!) against a solid green background, which allows you to swap the green out for a different background during editing. It’s used in all sorts of video productions, from Hollywood box office hits, to TV weather reports, to Primary School blockbusters. Your students can become characters in any scene imaginable, acting out their own part in their very own story.
Sounds great, what’s involved for my school?
The great thing about producing a green screen video, is that students of all abilities are involved and learning at every stage. A movie is generally around 5 – 10 minutes long, and can feature many students as either main characters or extras. Here’s how it works:
- We’ll talk about your current topics, and I’ll suggest movies that would work with your students’ current learning.
- I’ll email across the different background for each scene of the movie, so your students can write a story / script for each scene.
- We’ll film the scenes at your school, and record the audio narration. This generally takes 1 or 2 days per movie.
- I’ll produce the blockbuster film. If it’s a 2 day in-school shoot, groups of students can watch the editing process as I complete the movie on day 2.
- The main event, the movie premiere!
I like it! How can I find out more?
Just get in touch! We can discuss your ideas, plan the movie and hopefully get shooting your school’s very own blockbuster movie.